Eating healthy is hard; making a lifestyle change to eat health every day is even harder. Mornings happen to be the times when I struggle the most to find a nutritional meal. I always make sure my daughter has a great breakfast, but while she is eating I am trying to get everything ready for the day. When I am in a hurry I tend to grab whatever I can, and run out the door as quickly as possible.
I try my best to eat foods that will fuel my body with nutrients, instead of opting for the fastest option. So, since time is a serious barrier for me, I figured out a simple and healthy breakfast option that only takes 5-10 minutes.
- Whole Wheat Bread (2 slices)
- Egg (1)
- Fresh Arugula and/or Spinach (1/2 cup)
- Avocado (1)
- Olive Oil (1/2 teaspoon)
- Pour olive oil into a sauté pan, and turn the burner on medium heat.
- Crack the egg directly into the pan, wait about 2-3 minutes, then flip the egg.
- While the egg is cooking, slice the avocado and toast the bread.
- Once the egg is done, assemble the sandwich with the sliced avocado, arugula/spinach, and egg.
The process is literally this easy! I add a dash of salt and pepper to the egg while it is cooking, but you can definitely skip this step. If eating healthy is new to you, I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and try new things! Once you form a habit of healthy eating, you will feel much better from the inside out!
With Love, Jeni