Over the weekend, my daughter and I went out of town to visit a friend. During our trip, we ran across the sweetest little strawberry patch, and I thought it would be such a fun experience for my daughter. Well, I was right! Not only did she pick every strawberry she laid her eyes on, she ate every single one of them before we made it home!
After we all picked our share of berries, we were trying to decide on the perfect recipe to use them for. That’s when I remembered a simple, yet delicious strawberry pie that my grandma used to make. I changed up the recipe a bit, and came up with this:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 pack of pie crusts (2 per pack)
- Wash and slice strawberries
- Cook strawberries, sugar, and corn starch in a saucepan on medium heat, just until the strawberries are soft (about 5-7 mins)
- While berries are cooking, bake one pie crust according to box directions
- Remove the pie crust from the oven and pour strawberry mixture in
- Optional – slice the second pie crust into strips, and create a lattice shape across the top of the pie and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes; or you can absolutely just leave the pie with no top!
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Eat & enjoy!
We came up with a great dessert, but more importantly, we had an amazing time! I will definitely take my daughter to do activities like this more often, and I recommend you step out of your comfort zone and do the same! I hope you enjoy!
With Love, Jeni