This meal is my FAVORITE! I usually make this every other week, and it is devoured immediately. My chicken pot pie recipe requires very few ingredients and can be accomplished in a pretty short amount of time.
- Cooked, Shredded Chicken (1 cup)
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables (12 oz.)
- Pie Crust (2)
- Flour (2 tablespoons)
- Chicken Broth (1 1/2 cups)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Garlic Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Onion Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one pie crust in bottom of pie pan; poke several holes in crust & par-bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth, seasonings, and vegetables into a pot over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Pour warm water in a cup and stir in flour until it is completely dissolved. Add this mixture to the simmering vegetables slowly, stirring continuously.
- Add chicken to vegetable mix; turn heat off.
- Pour vegetable and chicken mix into the par-baked pie crust.
- Place second crust on top. Use a fork to push the edges of the top and bottom crusts together. Poke holes or cut small slits into the top of the crust to release any steam.
- Place pie in oven and bake until crust is golden brown (approximately 25-30 minutes).
- Remove warm & delicious chicken pot pie from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve & ENJOY!
If you like chicken pot pie, please try this out! I came up with this through trial and error with many different options, and I have been using this specific combination for years now! I hope you all will enjoy this recipe just as much and my family and I do!
Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.
With Love, Jeni