I am finally 9 months pregnant, and the days until we meet baby boy are winding down! Now that my baby shower is over, I have washed everything, and all of my necessities are here, it is time to get his hospital bag packed & ready to go!
Right now in Florida, the weather fluctuates from the 40s to the 70s on any given day. With that being said, I need to be prepared for baby to come during both cooler and warm temperatures. I know I have more clothes than we will actually need on my list, so depending on where you live you can remove or add items.
- 2 long-sleeved onesies
- 2 short-sleeved onesies
- 3-4 pair pants
- 2 sleeping onesies or gowns
- 3 pair of socks
- 2 pair of mittens
- 2 hats
- 2-4 bibs
- 1 baby blanket
- 2-3 thin muslin/swaddle blankets (can be used as burp cloths as well)
- carseat cover (in case it is cold, but also to protect baby from any unwanted germs)
- CARSEAT – very important!
- baby book for foot/hand prints
- diapers/wipes (some hospitals provide these)
- 2 pacifiers
- breast pump (if applicable; also may be provided by hospital)
- formula (if applicable)
Be sure to check with your specific hospital to find out what items they supply, so that you do not pack several unnecessary supplies!
I packed a mixture of newborn and 0-3 month sizes, just so we have options depending on baby’s size. However, most newborns will fit in newborn sizes while in the hospital, so you may not find that this is mandatory for you.
If you haven’t seen my Pregnancy Hospital Bag Checklist, it is available under the Blog tab in the upper left corner. I have listed all of the items there that I feel are absolutely vital for a mama while in the hospital.
Good Luck, Mama!
Every good and perfect gift is from above. – James 1:17
With Love, Jeni